Hello all. First time posting here because I have no idea where else to go after my phone conversation with Savage this morning left me with VERY LITTLE confidence in Savage customer service.
This is a copy of the email I sent them to which I received NO response, ergo the phone call:

"This rifle is a 308 WIN. I purchased it new and it has always had marginal performance in regard to ejection. However it has finally reached the point where it will not eject whatsoever. It just extracts the fired case and drops it into the receiver on top of the next round in the magazine.

I have installed a new extractor and an 9/64" extractor detent ball.
The ejector plunger and spring are free and appear to be doing what they are designed to do
I have tried several different brands of ammo and they all fail to eject.
It appears that the bolt face is so large that when the case is pulled clear of the chamber by the extractor, as the case mouth clears the chamber and tips to the right in the receiver recess, the left side of the cartridge case rim tips far enough for the rim to clear the bolt face recess and allow the case to become disengaged from the extractor."

I did a search here on the forum about this problem and found I'm not the only one to experience this problem but I didn't find a fix. If I missed it, and I sure could have, would someone please either repost the fix or steer me to the thread/s that explain the fix?

Thank you for any help and/or advice.