Thread: You know....

You know....

This forum would be hopping if the 400+ Guests who are viewing the site at any given time would register/login and join in the conversations.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

My laptop is broke trying to figure how to renew on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured it out . Got off of Tapatalk and did the site on yahoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Makes you wonder what 400+ lurkers are even looking for...

How many are google bots?

Surprisingly not many. 435 guests on right now, only 22 are bots.

And just because someone might ask, using TapaTalk won't make you appear as a guest. If you're browsing with TapaTalk it shows the little orange TT icon for you.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I am new here, I am also a mod on another site, one dedicated to writing. We run into the same problems, lots of lookers, few that will share their thoughts.

I can say that as someone new to the site I spent hours here reading the different forums before signing up. I came here by way of google. I had asked a bunch of questions and they blocked together all of the responses from SavageShooters.com. If it makes you feel better this site came up on top for the questions I asked. It also listed the number of responses to each question as being the highest. An example would say that there had been maybe 20 some responses to the question I asked compared to the competitors site which offered only 4 or 5

I also looked at the different boards to see if you had a bunch of jerks here who squabbled over every small detail or if different schools of thought concerning technical topics was treated with respect. You guys passed on all of my personal tests.

Now if you want more participation it is easy.

All long range rifles should be banned, they are far more deadly than any other firearm. The shooter can safely take out his target without being detected, because of the distance. Most serious shooters reload their ammo, have the skills to change a barrel, so there is no way to trace things back to them, making them almost impossible to catch or convict.

The solution is simple, make it illegal to reload, have gunsmith tools, alter any firearm so it is no longer stock.

All in jest of course but sometimes a site that thrives on controversy and emotions, even if the post count is high, is not what is always best.

to use Ginger

Limited mode
    gunsmith tools
    Run until your heart bursts

The solution is simple, make it illegal to reload, have gunsmith tools, alter any firearm so it is no longer stock.
    All long range rifles should be banned, they are far more deadly than any other firearm.
    Hey! The loons in government read these forums to get educated. Lets not give them any ideas.

Interesting perspective Plastic.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Hey! The loons in government read these forums to get educated. Lets not give them any ideas.

Interesting perspective Plastic.
    You mean like the one who just saved NY 3 billion by telling Amazon to take a hike? lol
    Thank god for our well educated leaders.

Basic Member
    Guess I am king of the slackers, been around awhile and post count is slacking. Need to reply more instead of reading and discussing with the other guy in my head.
    savge 10 fp shooter

Basic Member
    I only joined this site a few months ago and I've noticed the same thing. You seem to have a lot of members that haven't responded/posted since last year. I'll keep my hand in the pot. Or maybe not, depending.
    Last edited by Travis98146; 03-04-2019 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Second thought.

Team Savage
    Joined last night! Excited to participate more.

I'll slowly make a half fast post,,,

Welcome to the club gentlemen!

Basic Member
    Baker, you wanted to get more activity on the site so I fixed that. I've quoted info from Royal's book and I've gotten one of your Moderators hopping on every reply to dispute the info. Glad to be of assistance.

To throw some light on perhaps why... for quite a few years, I lurked here... essentially gleaning information without entering into any forum dialog. It's a great site, excellent source of information, including the articles, but also nuggets of info buried within the threads. I think some of the lurkers simply have a question or two, come here, get what they need, without contributing.

Basic Member
    Most of the regular posters on here are knowable and really want to discuss what they know. But I have read some where a new guy was looking for information only to be told, in so many words, That they were just to dumb to answer. I got the idea that the"expert" was just trying to build his own ego. I will not name names but it just happened again. Folks if you don't want to really help the new guy just don't answer, let someone else answer.

This forum would be hopping if the 400+ Guests who are viewing the site at any given time would register/login and join in the conversations.

You know....sometimes people need a little nudge.
    ...and it looks like it worked.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.