Thread: Trijicon Accupower 4-16x50 vs ???

Trijicon Accupower 4-16x50 vs ???

I am in need of some help deciding on an optic. The rifle is a r700 sps tac in .223 and will primarily be shot at 100 yards and once in a while out to 3-400 yards. After looking through some scopes at a store I really liked the way the trijicon accupower glass looked, however, there are very few to no reviews online regarding the 4-16x50 model. I have found it online for $700-$800 and I am also considering buying a used leupold Mark 4 4.5-14 with m1 sfp for around the same price. I have not looked through a Mark 4 before, but the glass on the leupold vx3 I looked through at the store seemed pretty good as well. I was looking at the vortex offerings around this price range, however, to my eye the glass was not as good and for what I will be doing I don't really think I need a ffp or zero stop. The exposed vs capped turrets I can take or leave. If there are any other recommendations I should be considering please let me know. Thank you for the help.

Athlon Midas Tac 4-16×44

https://athlonoptics.com/product/midas-tac-4-16x44-mil/

You will be hard pressed to beat the glass and appointments for the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    Do you require the illumination of the Trij? If not I would 2nd the Midas Tac, but also consider the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 as well. If you wanted to go really cheap and simple a fixed 12X SWFA SS would be the ticket. 400 yards is childs play for any of these scopes....

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    Do you require the illumination of the Trij? If not I would 2nd the Midas Tac, but also consider the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 as well. If you wanted to go really cheap and simple a fixed 12X SWFA SS would be the ticket. 400 yards is childs play for any of these scopes....
    I had the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 and was not impressed. I have had Tasco scopes that had better glass. It had really bad pin cushion effect and was very glary. At 16 power, the edges would completely wash out. I dumped it for an Athlon Argos btr 6-24x50. The Athlon is 10x the better scope but I think any $400 scope would be better than the Vortex. Just my opinion from firsthand use in the field.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    I have a Burris Veracity 4-20x50 and a Zeiss V4 Conquest 4-16x44 that are both at the upper end of your price range if you can find on sale. Both are great hunting scopes. Really good glass on both, great reticles on both, very good turrets on both, both have zero stops. Neither has illumination, but that is a minor benefit to me since I have never put a battery in illuminated reticles I have used for hunting before... but it would be a plus.
    I prefer the Veracity because it is FFP, and the Zeiss is a Second focal. I know that isn't important to some people, but I like to use my reticles in the field while hunting and the Veracity has a more hunting oriented reticle and it is FFP, so it can be used on any power effectively. Honestly if I hadn't got the Zeiss before I got the Burris, I may never had got it... and I still am undecided if I will keep it. I don't have experience with the Trijicon.