Thread: 110 High Country

110 High Country

Did anyone else pull the trigger on one of these? I purchased one through Savage on Jan 11th and already got base, rings, scope, bi pod purchased for it. Just playing the waiting game now I got the 300wm and CAN'T WAIT...
    Harris bi-pod, Farrell FG Force Base, Warne Mountain Tech rings, Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52. Hoping to get it MOA out past 600 yrds with 200+gr factory loads. Big hopes I know but it's possible..

Haven't seen any out yet, but haven't looked real hard either. Do like the looks of the High Country though and will probably request one for review later this year.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Look like really nice rigs.
    I just wish they came in a lefty and had the adjustable brake.
    I kept hoping for the "bear hunter" would come in lefty or at least in standard "non magnum" calibers but it never happened.
    Bought a 116FLCSAK (all the available bells and whistles) in the mid 1990s and it's been a great rifle and stupid accurate. I've been waiting for another fully loaded factory deer rifle that also adds the latest bells and whistles (accustock accutrigger, and now adjustable fit) from Savage for quite a while now but it looks like most of the offerings leave us leftys wanting and the adjustable brake I like so much is also on a very limited number of offerings. For some reason I just cant bring myself to pay the "special order shop" premium to get what I want. Maybe one of these days....
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    I kept hoping for the "bear hunter" would come in lefty or at least in standard "non magnum" calibers but it never happened.
    Bought a 116FLCSAK (all the available bells and whistles) in the mid 1990s and it's been a great rifle and stupid accurate. I've been waiting for another fully loaded factory deer rifle that also adds the latest bells and whistles (accustock accutrigger, and now adjustable fit) from Savage for quite a while now but it looks like most of the offerings leave us leftys wanting and the adjustable brake I like so much is also on a very limited number of offerings. For some reason I just cant bring myself to pay the "special order shop" premium to get what I want. Maybe one of these days....
    Well, if/when you want one bad enough you'll pay the $ for the special order shop. That's what I ended up doing to get my LWH in .250 Savage.

It's like all the guys who used to say "If Savage offered this rifle in [insert oddball cartridge here] I'd buy one in a heartbeat." If they really wanted a rifle in that cartridge that bad they would have already ordered a custom barrel and built it themselves.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    I understand. I was torn between the Hell's Canyon Long Range, a Bergara, or the Savage High Country or their 110 Long Range with adjustable brake. Price and no discounts Browning kept me with Savage, the Style of High Country lead me there. If it's as accurate as all my other Savages, I'll be well pleased. I'm not a custom kinda spender either..

Hopefully your wait won't be this long, but generally speaking new models like this that have features unique to them that are new (Cerokoting, stock camo pattern, etc.) don't typically start hitting the dealers until late spring or early summer (May/June).