I recently purchased a Model 12 FV 223 and love the gun, and was even fairly happy with the original stock, but decided to try one of the Boyds AT One Thumbhole and see if it helped.

I ordered on a Monday and it was delivered on the following Friday, great service and I really liked the looks. Of course I had to immediately get it mounted so I preceded to do so.

It was a pretty simple process, I did have to relieve some of the wood to get the trigger guard to fit but that was not too bad, had 1 instance when the Dremel got away from me but it is what it is. Took it to the range Saturday morning and was very happy with the results. No bedding or anything and honestly had 2 groups right at .5 from factory 55gr HP loads!

Dang that thing is awesome, looks good, got it adjusted so it was comfortable, helped to balance the rifle out some and it seems to be working. Don't know that I will bed it, will wait and see. Barrel is free floated all the way back.

The only issue I have is if I load the magazine ( blind ) the shell will pop way out of the mag as I slide the bolt forward to load, the back of it is way up and it will jam. From what I understand if I tweak the mag side rails some that should help this issue? If anyone else has experienced this and fixed it, please let me know.

Otherwise I am extremely happy with the whole setup. Cant say enough about the stock definitely like it and the service I got from boyds, the gun is a shooter.

Thanks in advance, hope I helped someone and again any help on the mag issue would be appreciated.

Shoot well..