Thread: How Do I Identify Target Accutrigger Sear?

Basic Member

How Do I Identify Target Accutrigger Sear?

Just got a new p/n 106427 target accutrigger sear for my red blade trigger. Ordered it from Savage and it arrived in a plain envelope with no identifying markings whatsoever. I installed it and sure enough, it would break at about 6 oz, but I can see no difference between it and the varmint accutrigger sear when laying side by side.

Is there a way to identify this sear so I don't accidentally confuse it with a non target trigger part?

I also need the p/n for the safety spring. Where can I find that? It's not included on the FAQ's article.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Put a slight dab of red or white or whatever color nail polish or white out on the ones not being used.

Basic Member Desert Tactical Nimrod's Avatar
    I'm kinda new to the Savage rifle game. What is a target Accutrigger Sear and what is a "red blade trigger"? I'm not familiar with these terms. How are they different from a standard Accutrigger like the one that came with my 110 Desert tactical?

Basic Member
    The target accutrigger sear has a dimple right under the thumb lever. There is no difference in the blade, other than the color, but the blade return spring is softer.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Desert Tactical Nimrod,
    The Precision Target Accu-trigger is a more sensitive Accu-trigger than the standard Accu-Trigger.
    The blade on the Precision Target Accu-trigger is red compared to the silver blade on the standard Accu-trigger.
    The Precision Target Accu-trigger is only available on a few models.
    My Model 12 Long Range Precision rifle came with the Precision Target Accu-Trigger and a cautionary marking on the receiver that it was installed.
    The trigger pull weight from the factory was 10 oz.
    It can be adjusted down to 0.6 lbs. while the standard Accu-trigger can only be adjusted down to 1.6 lbs.

When the standard Accu-Trigger is set close to the minimum pull, some find that it locks up with a slight pressure to the side on the blade.
    I set all my standard Accu-Triggers at 2 lbs. and the trigger on one of my .308s loosens up with extended use and eventually gets close enough to the minimum that it will lock up if I close the bolt too hard.
    I fixed the problem with a dab of Loc-tite on the adjustment screw.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    The target accutrigger sear has a dimple right under the thumb lever. There is no difference in the blade, other than the color, but the blade return spring is softer.
    I noticed the dimple however, my varmint accutrigger sear has the same dimple. I performed a pull test on the varmint trigger and it broke at 2 lbs. The target trigger broke at 6 oz with new new sear, but I can't find any visual difference between the two despite (apparently) different part numbers.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Tactical Nimrod View Post
    I'm kinda new to the Savage rifle game. What is a target Accutrigger Sear and what is a "red blade trigger"? I'm not familiar with these terms. How are they different from a standard Accutrigger like the one that came with my 110 Desert tactical?
    http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...r-Part-Numbers

Basic Member
    Texas10
    I stand corrected, the standard Accu-trigger minimum pull is 2.5 lbs .not 1.6 lbs.
    Since all of my Savages other than the 12 LRP are LE/Varmint models, I guess I have the LE/Varmint Accu-triggers on all of them and they have a minimum pull of 1.5 lbs.
    I thought all of them had standard Accu-triggers.
    Good thing I didn't buy a standard model or I would have tried to set the trigger down to 2 lbs. and would have been bummed.

The .308 10 FCP-K is the one that used to get loose and begin to lock up until it got the Loc-tite treatment.
    It has 4,000 rounds through it and started to lock up the first time at about 2,500 rounds.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    I noticed the dimple however, my varmint accutrigger sear has the same dimple. I performed a pull test on the varmint trigger and it broke at 2 lbs. The target trigger broke at 6 oz with new new sear, but I can't find any visual difference between the two despite (apparently) different part numbers.
    The one that breaks at 2lbs is marked wrong, it shouldn't have the dimple. The difference is the sear engagement angle.

Basic Member
    The one that breaks at 2lbs is marked wrong, it shouldn't have the dimple. The difference is the sear engagement angle.

Thanks, sharpshooter. How do I check the engagement angle? Are you describing the angle of the ground flat on the sear?

Basic Member
    Still looking for the part number for the safety spring. That's the odd ball shaped one that is in between the trigger body sides.

Anyone?

Team Savage
    6oz saftey spring PN 106426

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Thanks, sharpshooter. How do I check the engagement angle? Are you describing the angle of the ground flat on the sear?
    Unless you have a 20X optical comparator you'll never see the difference because it is so short and slight.

Basic Member
    You were right about the dimple being the identifying mark on the Target Trigger sear. Upon further investigation I apparently mistook another sear as a varmint sear when in fact it was a target sear. So that is some good info you provided. My many thanks, sharpshooter.