Thread: B&C M40 stock?

B&C M40 stock?

I am leaning towards the Bell and Carlson M40 stock for my next build that’s starting tomorrow. This gun will be used on the bench but it’s also a hunting rig for everything from box blinds to still hunting in the woods. I’m a bit concerned this stock maybe to bulky for a hunting rig. I know it will be fine off the bench. Has anybody used this stock on a hunting rig? How do you like it? I do not want laminate on this build so it’s either this M40 stock or a Hogue.

Basic Member
    Bell & Carlson is first-class. For the price, they are as good as any.

Basic Member
    I put one on my 6.5 CM, that started life as a Cabelas M12FV. The balance is much better now and without any bedding the rifle will shoot 0.5 and under with 129 Nosler ABLR. This is my carry anywhere deer rifle.

22 Mag
    Happiness is not having everything you want, but wanting everything you have.

Basic Member
    I got a B&C M40 on my model 10 308. Only have about 50 rounds down the barrel with the new stock. So far so good. Best grouping was six shots in 0.4”. Keep checking your action screw torque. I’ve had numerous occasions where action screws lost torque. Now I check it every trip to the range.

Two of my hunting rifles wear this stock. I think it’s a perfect profile for heavier barreled hunting rigs.

I put together a 30-06 with this stock; the ergonomics are great!
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

Yes, I would be interested for sure. I have three short action Savages.

Quote Originally Posted by 22 Mag View Post
    I put one on my 6.5 CM, that started life as a Cabelas M12FV. The balance is much better now and without any bedding the rifle will shoot 0.5 and under with 129 Nosler ABLR. This is my carry anywhere deer rifle.

22 Mag
    I bought the same rifle when they were on sale, although in 308. Which model M40 fits it? I only see detachable mag versions available.

Basic Member
    I have a model 700 Long Range in 30-06 that has the same stock on it and it's great for a heavy barreled rig. I think I'm going to eventually put one on my heavy barreled 300wm model 116 to replace the old B&C Duramaxx stock that's on it now. My only concern with it is that it feels a little slick to me at times and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it when carrying it straight up. Even with the speckled texture it feels slick.

Basic Member
    I have one on a 10FCP. Went m40 rather then a tactical style. Weight is not a problem when you consider the fcp is heavy barrel and heavy anyway. better balance then the accustock and less felt recoil. very happy with the m40 B&C