Thread: Savage 25 in 22Hornet

Savage 25 in 22Hornet

Well I have an old Model 40 in the collection in 22H ( love it). I was thinking i would like to get a matching Model 25 with the laminated stock. However there are numerous threads on this site outlining ejection problems with the 22H . What do you users think. Is this a robust piece of equipment or junk.

I'd like to know too. Considering a Model 25 but, if there's still problems with the rifle, I may have to go the CZ route.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Savage Model 25 feed problem easy fix

I just Bought the Savage Model 25 Camo Stock .22 Hornet and have converted it to the K Hornet. After doing so, it would only accept 2 rounds in the magazine. I took the magazine apart and filed off the back end of the feeder just a couple thousands and now it holds all four and feeds perfectly. I bough 2 more magazines and done the same to each one in less than 5 minutes. This gun is a tack driver. At 50 yards on a rest with 50 rounds fired, all 50 are within less than a half inch. A guy at the range asked to buy my gun at any cost but I have no intentions of selling. Hope this helps some of you out there with this feeding problem as It is an easy fix. If your looking to make a K Hornet, this gun shoots sweet.