Thread: B-mag complete bolt disassembly

B-mag complete bolt disassembly

Trying to find complete bolt disassembly for a B-mag bolt.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epitts View Post
    Trying to find complete bolt disassembly for a B-mag bolt.
    Don't waste your time here, I asked a simple question a year ago and never got a reply.

You can look at this thread, it may help.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...dified-my-bolt

To get the bolt apart you push the center against the spring and work out the cross pin.

Unfortunately there just isn't much interest here in the B-Mag rifles. I don't personally own one, and those who do don't seem to post much about them.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Solved

I know this is an old thread, but when googling its the only thing that came up. I figured it out eventually so posting instructions incase anyone else comes across it. Sorry ahead of time if I'm using the incorrect part terminology.

https://imgur.com/a/bVBxSs4

1) Picture - Like mentioned above you have to hold the spring compressed. The easiest way I found is putting my little tool bits in between the body and the inner slide pin.
    2) Picture - Once the spring tension is off you have to separate the pin from housing by sliding them apart. If its lubicated it will probably not separate from jiggling and I needed to use a small pick to get it.
    3) Picture - Here you can see it more clearly once the outer body is removed.
    4) Picture - Once those are apart the pin will push through the hole
    5) Picture - Once the upper section is removed the pin in the lower section will push out the bottom
    6) Picture - Just a note here for reassembly that there is a flat spot on the firing pin that seats with the inner slide.

Another note when you start I didn't pay attention to the orientation of the handle and the bolt so make note of that before you start and it will save you some time putting it back together.

Hope this helps someone