First time hello everyone. I enjoy challenging myself so decided to explore the world of Savage rifles and re-barreling and purchased the necessary tools.

I have a Stevens 200 rifle in .243 Win and I have re-barreled it with a Model 10 fluted barrel in 260 Rem. It was a fun challenge and I had some good learning along the way.
Here is where my question comes in.

The Model 10 fluted barrel is a heavier profile than the original .243 sporter barrel. I am not sure ?? that it qualifies as a bull barrel but it is definitely thicker. So I would need to open the fore stock on the existing stock to accept the new barrel if I choose to stay with it. I have the ability to do that. Or I could purchase an aftermarket stock or keep my eye out for someone selling a used stock.

Here is where the picture gets fuzzy for me. The Savage web site says that the Stevens 200 action would require a stock from a Model 11 or Model 16 internal magazine. I understood that the Stevens 200 was essentially the Savage 110 re-branded?? And if I purchase an aftermarket stock or a used stock what barrel profile should I be looking for?

Any input or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave