I want to share my experience after purchasing a Serbu 50 BFG - 50 BMG

1) The rifle came from Serbu with the 30 MOA scope base installed backwards. They use a special tool to tighten the base down. A regular wrench is hard to get into the welded scope base. So this makes it a challenge to remount. Also has decent slop with the ability to mount left or right of bore a decent amount of your not careful.

2) The rifles lower has a lot of slop in how it mates with the 50 upper.

3) The bipod cant feature has much to be desired as it doesn’t lock or have a tension control to it. Loose like a door hinge would best describe it.

4) The trigger weight listed on impact guns shows 4 lbs average. Mine is in the 10-12 lbs range. I used impact guns as a reference because they deal Serbu firearms and I can’t access the Serbu website currently

I’m sharing this to help others make a decision that I researched for several weeks before making mine. It was Armalite AR 50 or the Serbu 50 BFG.

The base i can fix myself. The AR lower is pretty sloppy. I guess I can wedge it but for a brand new gun it wasn’t what I expected. The bipod is built like a machine gun bipod, I’ve since learned to deal with it. The trigger however I feel I got a sour deal on. I wanted to send the rifle back immediately for either a refund or at least get the trigger and rail issue fixed.

They advised me of the following:

1) They assuresd if I send the rifle in they could adjust the base and that it would be straight. Which is what it is as I can remount myself but would have preferred it have been right from the factory. But everyone makes mistakes.

2) The slop in the lower receiver is supposed to be there. It’s their tolerances. Although it makes the gun sound cheap and clunky.

3) I can live with the bipod. There are better options tho

4) I really wish I knew about the trigger ahead of time. The reviews I read had guns with 3.5 and 5 lbs triggers. Mine is 10.3-11.7 lbs to be exact. The rifle advertises with a 4 lbs average pull. They advised me they can drop the trigger pull with a set trigger but will cost me $200 to do

If I wanted any of the above worked on I would need to send the rifle back to them at my expense

Their return policy is literally 14 days. I did not see this before I bought the rifle. And is void if you fire the rifle. I contacted them about getting it repaired within minutes of opening the case and seeing the rifle. A refund was for extreme cases and at their discretion. I was advised by the company they would pay shipping both ways as it was their error to begin with. But a couple days later was informed that person did not have the right to tell me that and they would not honor that

I also want to add that I agreed to pay the return shipping if they would grant me my refund

I have $2720 into this 50 and really wish I would have went with a Armelite or Barrett to begin with

To see videos of this rifle visit my Facebook page: Hafeman Precision

i just want want to share my experience as I wish I would have been more educated before buying from them. I’m sharing this here. I know it’s not much of a 50 cal website. But may help someone decide on a 50 if they are in the market like myself