Thread: Where's our coyote hunters?

Where's our coyote hunters?

It's prime time coyote hunting season for those of use in the eastern states and the midwest now that deer season is over and winter is in full swing. So where's all of our coyote hunters? More important, where's all those pic's!
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    The big coyote hunt weekend is coming up very soon in NC PA.
    The 2 major sportsman's clubs in the area, have been involved as sponcers for decades now.
    The Sinnemahoning Sportsman's club in Sinnemahoning, and the Mosquito Creek Sportsman's in Frenchville have in recent years started doing their hunts on the same weekend so as to draw a bigger crowd.
    There is major cash prizes involved, so it tends to draw people from over a wide area.
    My grandson has been taking a group of friends to our camp for the hunt for several years now, and is planning it again this year.
    Last year they hauled a road kill deer from Maryland to put out for bait, and I suspect they might do that again.

Its hard for me to compete when the local veterinarian spends 10s of thousands of dollars on night vision equipment and suppressors. As of Jan 1st he had over 40 of them.

He got 4 out of a pack of 7 in just one calling behind my buddies house. I realize that they were probably yearlings but that leaves less uneducated for me.
    Last edited by BB68; 01-30-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: clairify

Sounds like you need to work on your friendship with that vet so he'll invite you along and maybe let you borrow some of that fancy equipment.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Have not seen a thing since November (saw some during bow season).

But that's fine because I don't call them in and mostly come across them near the chicken coops or skirting the pasture. We sold the Shetland Sheep flock a couple years ago and there will be no lambs to draw them in.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Basic Member
    I've been out twice for a couple of hours each time this year, but no luck. If I get some more time, I'd like to get a little more serious about it. I hope to pick up a new-to-me Savage 12 in 22-250 with a varmint barrel tomorrow for this purpose. A friend has a full hay barn in a field that would be a great place to call them in at.

Basic Member
    I would love to show pics but I never have been able to upload files. It always tells me upload has failed.

Basic Member
    We need some up in Dallas....they keep attacking joggers in the Frisco area.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    We need some up in Dallas....they keep attacking joggers in the Frisco area.
    They be attackin the wrong folks in Frisco, but importin a few in some places might just be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by flowj View Post
    I would love to show pics but I never have been able to upload files. It always tells me upload has failed.
    Most likely has to do with the size of images you're trying to upload. I believe 5Mb is the size limit.

Basic Member
    I have seen the same three every morning at my log job in the fields I a working next to, each day they seem to pay a little less attention to me. I think I will be taking advantage of confidence.

I have tried calling them in with poor luck, I have been surrounded by them and made just a peep and have them all go silent. I have no idea if they are hunted hard here and wise or if I am doing something wrong. There seems to be plenty of them around but I lack the know how on how to get them.
    Run until your heart bursts

shot this female with my 22-250 killed quite a few more this winter but used my ruger American 243

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk