Thread: First day of Yote season off to a rocky start.

Basic Member

First day of Yote season off to a rocky start.

Well coyote season opened today with a big ol' miss. Started out at 6:30 a.m. this morning with 20mph winds and didn't see any critter of any kind out. So my buddy went home at about 11:30 and as I headed home I decided to take a drive in between some pasture and bean fields to get to a cornfield way off the road.
    Well soon as I got to the entrance a big ol' yote takes off across the field which resulted in me trying to stop,get rifle up and out of truck and on target,long story short I led him too much and hit dirt.

Seems like I have better luck ambushing them than calling them. Maybe next time!

phantom

Re: First day of Yote season off to a rocky start.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D . . . Basically, all you did was to educate him to the sound of trucks and doors opening - and bang - bang - bang . . . you should have saved your ammo . . and came back and set up and called him . . even if you missed. They are smart animals, and they educate well . . and quickly !! If you shoot at one and miss after calling them, they won't likely come back to a call again . . true story !!

Better luck next time, you really should find someplace that the season is open all year long . . . Better luck with the rest of the season . . .