Since the patent on some of the Horus reticles has now expired, we are seeing Horus style reticles coming out in several brands, without the added price that used to be tacked on as royalty payments to Horus Vision. One example is the new Mil-XT from Nightforce that costs the same as their regular reticles rather than hundreds more as is the case for the Horus versions. I see this as good news for the end users.

On a different note, do any of you remember the Springfield Armory branded scopes that had a small bubble level built into the INSIDE of the scope that you could easily see at the 6:00 position? A great idea, in a not so great line of scopes. I think is a fantastic feature. It eliminates the need for an exterior anti cant device plus you don't need to remove your eye from the scope to check the level. It also simplifies getting your scope mounted in the rings plumb with the rail, making for very easy scope swapping from one gun to another.

I have never seen it offered in any other brands. Certainly that patent has long expired. Why hasn't anyone else thought to add it to their product line?