I know from searching the web that the go to powder for the Creedmoor with heavy bullets is 4350. Though I have absolutely need for a 6.5 Creedmoor, I picked up an AR10 platform BA Precision 22" barrel for a price that was too good to refuse so now I am forced to reload for it.

I don't have any powder even close to the burning rate of H4350 but I lucked into a supply of fresh dated IMR4831 for only $20 a pound delivered to my door if I buy 8 pounds of it. If I can get some friends to go in on the purchase the price drops to $17 / pound for 32 pounds of the stuff. If it was H4831 SC or H4350, I would be buy it without hesitation. I would have gone ahead and loaded some stuff with H4831 SC just to see, but I am totally out and will be paying significantly more for it over this IMR4831. Hodgdon gives some decent looking loads for the IMR4831, some are faster than H4350. Have any of you had gopod luck with the IMR4831 in the 6.5 Creedmoor? I am definitely getting some as it is $9 cheaper per pound at $17 net than buying elsewhere, but they are almost sold out so I was thinking I should get more of it as it can likely be used in several other rounds I like to shoot.

Any comments would be appreciated.