Thread: New Savage possible jam in mag?

stash

New Savage possible jam in mag?

Finally went out with my Savage 12 VLP DBM in 223. At 50 yards nice tight groups after sighting in my scope, at 100 yards well I need practice?. I was using PMC .223 in 55 grain. The gun seems to jam a little.
    This is what happens, I load 5 rounds into the mag the 1st shot always works then the 2nd shot loads then when I pull the trigger the trigger is locked and won’t pull back. I eject the round go the next round and it works ok. Seems intermittent which round fails. I have not tried any other ammo other than PMC but will try later. Any info on why this may be happening? I put the failed round back in the rifle and it fires ok. Once the gun went click on a round, I ejected it and used it again, and then it fired. This is a brand new gun with a total of 25 rounds thru it.

Thanks for any help.

Stash

bigbada

Re: New Savage possible jam in mag?

sounds like the safety on tha accu trigger is activating. cured mine by adjusting the trigger.

stash

Interesting?----adjust trigger? Trigger setting is from factory-----maybe its too light?
    Thanks for the info

stash

fatdaddy

Yes, your trigger is just a bit light. Tighten the pull up a bit and you'll be fine. BTW, I found mine didnt like the the pcm's at all. Try some blackhills ammo if you dont reload. Bill

stash

To those who have adjusted the Savage trigger, I took the Stock off and turned the trigger adjustment screw 1/2 a turn clockwise. I hope this is enough and it tightens it up a little.

Thanks

stash

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.