I know every rifle is different and each shoots differently. I am shooting a 260 LRP unaltered from the factory on bags with a Vortex Viper 6.5 x 20. I have tried a variety of Berger and Sierra bullets in Lapua brass.
The powder I am using is H4350. I started with 0.010 off the lands with both brands of bullets. I have run different powder charges up to 41.0 to 44.0 grains of H4350. The thing is whether with Sierra or Berger I am only getting 0.66 MOA. That is 0.95" outside of group minus 0.260 and divide by 1.04 equals 0.66 moa. I was really hoping I could get under 0.5 moa. The thing that bugs me is that different powder charges and different bullets are giving no discernable difference in accuracy. Do you think I should back off the lands say to 0.020? The reason I started with 0.010 and H4350 is that most people say they use H4350 and find best accuracy somewhere near the lands. Should I try H4831 or stick with H4350? Should I start with magazine COAL and work towards the lands or just back up from 0.010? I value any suggestions. Maybe I am expecting too much but I have seen my son's Savage .308 shoot into 0.40 multiple times and that gun was a inexpensive savage with a upgraded stock. I know it could be the shooter but I am getting 0.25 moa with my 22-250 Savage/Shilen. I am sure I can shoot the 260 just as well. I'm just thinking for the cost of the LRP it should shoot >.5

Here is the other thing. There are lots of different opinions on barrel cleaning. Some say clean, some say only clean carbon. I usually never shoot more than 20 rounds without cleaning excluding a few fouling shots. I have never been sure how clean is clean enough so I got a lyman borecam. I have cleaned using JB bore paste, Montana extreme and Sweets 7.62. I am not seeing any blue on my patches so whatever it is I am seeing must not be copper. I have noticed a copper colored streak or two in the last few inches of the bore. Here is a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG110101-001425F.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	5636
This wont come out with anything and I have no idea how much copper is significant.