Thread: Article: Savage Arms 125th Anniversary Limited Edition Model 110

Article: Savage Arms 125th Anniversary Limited Edition Model 110

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Impressive.

Banned
    These wont last long so dont sit on your hands love the logo should be on all their rifles

I really, really want one of these - but I'm having a real hard time trying to justify $1,500 for a Savage 110, especially a righty that probably shouldn't ever be shot to preserve it's collector value. Savage only made a little over 500 of the old 110PE and 110PEL's back in the late 1960's - less than 1/3 the number of these they intend to make, and after 50 years they still rarely fetch much more than what one of these costs. You'll see one listed for-sale for a lot more from time to time, but they rarely ever sell at those prices. One also has to remember that back in 2009/2010 dealers still had 50th Anniversary Model 110's lingering on the shelves - many of which they ended up selling for $600-700 and Savage only made 1,000 of those (some claim they made far less than that due to lack of orders for them).

At least this 125th Anniversary edition looks 1,000 times better than the rather gawdy 50th Anniversary edition they put out in 2008 with it's odd engraving and gold inlays.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage

I looked up a 50th after your reference to it and that was my first thought too. The 125th versions are nice, but, that's a chunk of change I can put to better use. :-(

Banned
    These are for people who can afford them and not use them, so if you have to think about the price you should pass like myself.i also think you should be able to order it in any caliber you want

Basic Member
    I shoot and hunt with my 50th Anniverary Addition all the time, it is the 300 Savage,,why should I let it sit in its case, when it is still worth the same money as what i paid for it? I paid $800 new,,,it also gets alot of looks at the range and thats what i like as i like to show off my Savages.

I would have liked to have seen Savage do like Ruger did a few years back with the 50th Anniversary 10/22's. Every one they made that year was marked 50th Anniversary - typically on the bolt. Savage could have done the same thing with the 110's with some simple text engraving on the non-port side of the action. Nothing fancy, just something indicating it was made in the 125th Anniversary year. Something like this...

AnniversarySample.jpg

That said, they may be doing something minimalistic like this which we haven't seen yet. Maybe special grip caps or laser etching on the bolt body. Guess time will tell.