I have a 3006 110 that my Dad bought me in 1993. Love the gun (as I do all Savages) , but the trigger is about to drive me nuts.

Long read coming...I'll apologize in advance.

Back in 2002 or so I got serious about handloading, accuracy, etc. I never could get as good of a trigger out of my 06, as my 243 and 7 mag 110s. I was also limited also by local gunsmith who would work on 110 triggers. So..I ordered a Timney for the 06. Right off the bat the trigger wasn't right. To get a nice pull, the trigger would have an unacceptable amount of creep. Get creep right and other issues showed. Messed w the trigger for what seemed like ages. Gave up and took the gun to a semi local gunsmith. He had it a month or so. Said he got it right. Nope. Still creep. No different than what I obtained from it. Called Timney. Shipped complete gun back to them. They said they would get it right. Get gun back. Trigger way light, probably a lb at best, but no creep. Broke clean. Ok, I'll shoot some groups, work up a nice load...then send gun back and have trigger put back to 2.5 to 3 lbs.

Go to range. Get about 7 to 8 rounds down the pipe and it misfires. Hmmm. Fire a few more, then another missfire. Get home and look gun over. Gun slam fired on every slapping of bolt. Called Timney. They told me what to adjust, can't remember what it was. Go back to range. Total repeat of above.

Was beyond sick of messing w it, so gun goes into the safe. A few years later I met a local guy through work who does gunsmithing. Time goes by, says it's fixed. Get gun back a couple weeks ago. Thought I would load up some reduced loads for enjoyment. Took gun to range today...and same thing. Hung fired on 7th and 11th round. Primers from these 2 shells not dimpled near as much ad other rounds. I checked bolt for slam firing before I went to the range. All looked good. Now it slam fires when bolt is slammed hard. Also slam fired once when I was closing bolt on empty chamber at range, regular force.

Get gun home and pull action/barrel out of stock. From what I can tell, when cocked, there is a visible gap between trigger and sear. The sear is not sitting on the screw, but against the trigger, hope that makes sense. Trigger can be rotated by hand and sear lines up over the screw. But will not line up correctly on it's own. Played w trigger. Tightened safety. Adjusted pull weight up and down. Nothing helps.

I've also noticed that when dry snapping, it doesn't have near the snap that my other 110s and one 12 have.

The action never gave me an ounce of trouble before the timney.

Any ideas on what to do to get this thing right?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.