Thread: Savage 10 FCP-SR ????

Basic Member

Savage 10 FCP-SR ????

I'm looking at trading for a 10 FCP-SR but I am seeing prices all over the place on this rifle. The one that I'm looking at has a digital camo stock, 20" fluted heavy threaded barrel and the accu-trigger and a detachable 10rd mag. When I look the same features up online it shows the same gun but with a 24" barrel priced between $800-$1000. Otherwise the FCP-SR's that I see online are priced $600 or less. I've seen some YouTube videos showing the version that I am looking at saying that a 20" or 24" barrel is available. I just want to be sure that I'm getting the $800-$1000 version as opposed to getting the $600 version. How do I know which is which ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Here's more pics. The guy doesn't have the original box so I can't check the Savage item number

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Get the serial number and call savage. They can tell you exactly what it is.

Basic Member
    The 10 FCP-SR seems to be a discontinued model - based on the Savage web site.
    I have seen it there before on that site.
    The 10 FCP designation is for a Law Enforcement model with a detachable mag and the -SR indicates it is suppressor ready.
    As I remember, it only came in the black Accu-stock version.
    There is a 10 FCP-HS that is still available on the Savage web site but that model comes with a High Precision Stock with a high cheek rest and aluminum V-block that raises the price by a lot and the overall weight is heavier. It also doesn't have a Suppressor Ready barrel. It does not come with the high single piece scope mount included. The frame is the same but the stock is different.

If I remember correctly the 10 FCP-SR listed on the Savage site under $900 but most sellers would price it for a lot less.
    A shooting buddy bought a new 10 FCP-SR for just over $650 in 6.5mm Creedmoor.
    Cabela's sells a similar model 10T-SR made for Cabela's exclusively (a model 10 FCP but it comes with a standard 4 round Savage magazine instead of the 10 round mag and without the single piece scope mount). I bought mine for $550.
    Personally, I have a single piece scope mount on a 11VT and I think it creates too high a scope mount for the lower cheek rest on the Accu-stock.

It appears the seller may have changed the stock and is pricing up to $300 more the normal sales price.
    There are no differences in the 10 FCP-SR standard rifles as there were no options once it was designated as an FCP-SR.
    What you are seeing is variation in the prices that sellers put on offerings.
    In this case it appears that a seller is inflating the price for what looks like a used rifle.
    If it is not listed as 'New in Box' I would be suspect.
    Since the box is missing, the 'new' designation could be the buyer's interpretation of slightly used or as a result of a stock replacement.
    A up front seller would include all that information in his listing.
    Let the buyer beware.
    Last edited by CFJunkie; 01-22-2019 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typos