Thread: Rail for a bipod ?

Basic Member

Rail for a bipod ?

Have a 110 Tactical Desert with 2 factory front sling swivel studs. Is there a bipod compatable rail offered to fit the factory bolt spacing ?

Basic Member
    2.5" Seekins SRS rail...or a generic like it

Atlas BT15 is what I used on my 110 factory stock.

Basic Member
    I've never even contemplated moving the bipod on any of my rifles, and I've never had a stock or chassis where the stud location(s) were an issue.

Just asking "why"?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobnpr View Post
    I've never even contemplated moving the bipod on any of my rifles, and I've never had a stock or chassis where the stud location(s) were an issue.

Just asking "why"?
    Not at all what he is asking, as long as I understand what he is asking. I believe he is looking for a picatinny rail to attach to the place where the 2 (front) sling swivel studs currently sit.

Just asking "why"?
    A lot of folks have bipods that attach to a picatinney rail rather than a sling stud - usually purchased for an AR-type rifle. What he's looking for is a length of rail with mounting holes that would match up with the existing stud holes in his stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    You can find rail of various lengths on eBay and can mark/drill your holes as needed.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    A lot of folks have bipods that attach to a picatinney rail rather than a sling stud - usually purchased for an AR-type rifle. What he's looking for is a length of rail with mounting holes that would match up with the existing stud holes in his stock.
    Well...the obvious answer ! Man, it's been a long week...that's what happens when you're thinking "bolt gun", and forget about chassis systems.

Well...the obvious answer ! Man, it's been a long week...that's what happens when you're thinking "bolt gun", and forget about chassis systems.
    Wait...what? We're talking guns? Son`ova biscuit! I though this was a train forum with all this rail talk.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Yes, You are correct about my vague question. Have seen various rails that would replace the stock studs with-out drilling new holes. Most also have a sling mount also. Just thought the Desert Tactical was to new to show up in the manf. descriptions.

Can't say I've seen those specifically designed to replace studs, but that's not to say they don't exist. Maybe someone makes them for Manners and/or McMillan stocks, or other popular stock brands that come with two studs. Problem is that more than likely not everyone spaces their studs the same distance apart so what fits one won't fit another.

My suggestion would be just to order one you like and make it work for you. If you pull your barreled action out of the stock and look inside the forend you'll see that both sling studs just screw into tapped holes in the aluminum skeleton of the stock. The front one can be drilled out and retapped to match the rails front screw, then drill and tap a new hole for the rear screw where needed.

Just be sure to get a rail that will be long enough so that the rail covers the unused hole.

The only other option would be to pull the studs and get a good accurate center-to-center measurement on the two holes, then contact one of the companies making the rails you've seen and see if they would make you one with the proper screw spacing for your rifle.

Geeze....what planet you guys live on...??
    https://www.area419.com/product/imro...-ibr-straight/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    [B][I][U]" We have met the enemy.... and he is us ! "[/U][/I][/B][I] (POGO)[/I]