Thread: Newb Here - Stealth Parts Questions

Wink Newb Here - Stealth Parts Questions

Hey guys. First time Savage owner, have had a few Remington’s over the years. Have a 6.5 I just bought. Juggling glass at the moment my budget is shot ! Wondering the best way to find out alternative parts for the rifle ? I know for certain I’m going to want to change the butt out for something higher and softer. Also am curious about the action. The bolt isn’t the smoothest I’ve ever used, is anyone upgrading theirs ? I’m looking into a Viper Vortex PST Gen II 5-25x50 for glass. Only thing under 1k that is FFP and will be strong enough for longer distances. Appreciate the advice ahead of time. Go easy
    on me.

Basic Member
    If I'm not mistaken the Stealth chassis is made by MDT for Drake. Meaning the Stealth chassis is made by MDT and should accept any butt stock that will fit an AR15. Double check me on that.

Most Savage actions are a little rough in the beginning. Apply some oil and work the action a couple hundred times. It'll smooth out.

Vortex has the best warranty in the business, because you'll have to use it. If you plan on dialing your shots, then don't buy a Vortex. The only options I would consider in the sub $1k range is SWFA and Nightforce SHV. If you aren't going to dial, then buy whatever has good clarity and eye relief.

Congratulations, I think you'll like your Stealth.

Congrats on the purchase! The stealth is a hell of a gun for the money. Yes, the collapsible stock can be changed out with any mil-spec diameter AR15 collapsible stock. LUTH-AR makes a couple of stocks that you might find suitable.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Basic Member
    I think you will like this rifle a lot. I have a 223 left hand model. The MDT chassis and magazine work well. My action was stiff to begin with but as others have suggested, it smoothed out over time. I don't like the butt stock for shooting off a rear bag and will eventually replace it, maybe with a Magpul PRS. The tube on these is the larger diameter commercial spec (at least mine is) so keep that in mind if you are upgrading.