New to this site. My goal is to be able to hit a baseball @ 500 yds cold bore shot. I have been pursuing this with a match MSR in 5.56 and a lot of "failure frustration". The 6 Norma BR was recommended for something like this. Choosing a baseball and 500 is something I find difficult, but, do-able. I have nosed around the forum in search of experiences & tips on the 6 Norma BR that Savage makes (#18614) but have not had much success. I have always had great performance from Savage and am wondering how this model is in real world. I am lucky enough to have a 600 yd range at the club I've been a member at for over 20 years. They will actually allow the use of a baseball as a target as long as you police it. Distance shooting is a pita but amazingly addictive. If anyone out there has any experience with one I'd be in your debt if you would share it. The left port/right eject appeals to me. The ease (definitely not the cost) of upgrading the barrel is really a plus. Savage's floating bolt head is another plus. I am hoping this will be the way to go at a most modest cost. I have seen several "custom built" guns that didn't quite live up to their price tag. I have had good fortune in my 700 builds but find the cost is always high as well as time consuming and results may not be up to what the customer had expected. Nobody's happy if that happens...Not having been there, according to my peers, it turns ugly. I'm hoping the #18614 will be a good starting point for one for myself. Any help / comments would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely & Safe Shooting - oldwrench