Thread: Model 16 DBM To M12 Stock/Action?

Model 16 DBM To M12 Stock/Action?

(A Savage centerfire owner newbie, so please excuse what may be a stupid question). Have a 12FV in .22-250, but want to upgrade the stock without spending too much. Have an Accustock and the required recoil lug. Found a takeoff mag and metal from a 16 LW Hunter that will fit that series of cartridges; price a bit high, but cheaper than an AI setup.
    Anybody know if this will fit, and/or if the Savage magazines are decent and fairly priced. (Well, I did once own a Model 25; an experience I’d rather forget, and one of several issues was a dbm problem.) Thanks for any info!

Pretty sure I've read that the "lightweight hunter" series use a plastic Axis/Trophy Hunter/Package gun style setup with the plastic mag catch and surround, not metal. Though it may fit, I'm almost positive it's not going to be the metal mag and surround typically used on the higher end rifles like the standard accustocked rifles. Unless someone corrects me I'd take that into account when comparing pricing and making your decision.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Team Savage
    The bottom bolt release trigger guard, DBM frame assembly and Axis style magazine bottom cap are plastic if they came off a LWH stock. The 12 FV has a top bolt release action. Check to see if your Accustock has TBR inlet to allow the top side bolt release 12FV action to fit. If so, then for an Accustock you will need to find a metal TBR trigger guard and matching DBM frame assembly (surround) plus magazine bottom cap. Call Savage Arms parts with 12 FV serial # for correct parts and price. Check the FAQ section of this site for additional information.