Thread: Boyd's Stock For 11 Prairie Dog Hunter SA

Basic Member

Boyd's Stock For 11 Prairie Dog Hunter SA

Boyd's doesn't make a stock specifically for this barrel profile as far as I can tell. I was skimming Boyd's Rapid Fire Closeouts. They have an SA TBR Model 10 (factory barrel channel) https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/rapid...rfire-fbc3696f

Reading the specs I have a few remaining questions. It sounds like this stock is not inletted for a trigger guard. The factory plastic stock is. It seems odd that this one wouldn't be. What trigger guard does Savage offer in the 10/11 series that doesn't need inletting? I feel confident that the barrel channel can be cleaned up to accommodate the bull barrel of my model 11 PDH, but are 10s and 11s the same diameter at the barrel nut junction? Anything else that you can think of that I may need to know about fitting this stock to my Model 11 PDH?

I can ask Boyds, but they won't be open until Monday and this one may be gone by then.

Basic Member
    Sounds like you misunderstood the description. It is inletted for the standard flat bottom trigger guard. All you need to do is open up the barrel channel.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Ahhh! Thanks for the info.

Basic Member
    I recently bought a Boyds Pro Varmint stock for a mod 11 trophy hunter( bottom bolt releas and detachable mag) . the fit of the bottom parts was quite good. No adjustments or alterations for the trigger or mag housing. The barrel channel had to be sanded out even though it was called a varmint style stock.