I have a Savage 99CE in .243 that has poor ejection. It appears the extractor hook tip has been sprung out & now the hook is (was) negative. Extraction was fine, however the empty case would fall off the bolt face onto the following round or follower before it would make contact with the "spring finger" ejector (part # 139480C). I heated & made the extractor look like it should (positive) & then re-heat treated it. My question is, since there is no spring loaded cartridge stop (like there is in the spool magazine models) helping the empty case stay on the bolt face to the ejector, is ejection kind of spotty with the leaf style ejector? I'm used to the spool types just kicking the empties out regardless of lever speed. There are no LH extractors on any of these so case position is limited by the inside of the receiver wall on this model's design. The overall ejection just isn't there. Anyone else have a CE with the leaf ejector that has solid ejection? Thank you & Safe Shooting - oldwrench