Hey everyone, new to the forum here. Iv been reading review after review on the 12 fv and 11 vt but I was looking for opinions on how they stack up against eachother for a budget long range shooter.

Id like to get into some medium range shooting (local range only goes out to 300yards) lol and hopefully I can eventually cut out a range at my parents farm to go further. Im not a hunter so really all it will be used for is punching holes in paper and ringing steel. Most of my shooting is done off a bipod from a table or prone from the bed of my truck, so Im sure on both Ill have to swap out the stock to get rid of the forend flex.

Reason Im leaning towards .308 is 6.5creedmore seems to be kind of hard to get at a half decent price up here in Canada and I dont have the time, knowledge or set up for reloading. Seems like theres enough decent factory ammo for .308

The fact that the 12fv has a blind mag dosent bother me all that much, I can see myself single loading most of the time and becasue Im not using it for hunting its not like I need to have follow up shot. Also in Canada we are restricted to 5 round mags. The only time I see the blind mag being a pain is in a misfeed situation possibly having to remove the action.

On the other hand the 11 vt runs axis mags if Im not mistaken and Im assuming they're not the greatest. So if I were to swap the stock on either Id get a bottom metal to run acis pattern mags.

Right now the 12 fv is going for $549 and the 11 vt is $499 with a scope that Id take off and reuse on a rimfire probably. My local cabelas doesnt have the 11 vt in stock so I cant go in and compare the 2 side by side. Is the 12 fv worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance.