Thread: Question on actions

Question on actions

Ok I just looked at a pic of a model 12 fv and the safety looked diff the the one I was looking at
    I thought that all of the short actions had interchangeable parts as far as trigger sear saftey
    no now I am wondering.
    My action I bought stripped when I ordered the sear and springs and saftey the dealer gave savage the serial number and all parts looked just like my model 11 if I remember correctly
    I had to shelf my build last summer now I can finally work on it again and I can’t find the safety
    I thought they were all the same ?
    Old Smokey

The Accutrigger has a different safety than the earlier trigger. The sear also acts as the bolt release. There are top and bottom bolt releases.

Take some time to stroll through the Savage FAQ's that Jim, Fred and others have been so kind to write articles for our education. Here is the link. http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...e-faq-s&page=2
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    The Accutrigger has a different safety than the earlier trigger. The sear also acts as the bolt release. There are top and bottom bolt releases.

Take some time to stroll through the Savage FAQ's that Jim, Fred and others have been so kind to write articles for our education. Here is the link. http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...e-faq-s&page=2
    Ok thanks I about the top and bottom bolt release
    but not the safety
    I am putting a rifle basics trigger so I think I will need non accutriger safety
    I will check the link
    Old Smokey

Link did not have what I needed but yea two different safeties I gues I will watch the rifle basic dvd see which saftey for that trigger if so I will give savage serial num for non acutriger model 10 I have
    Old Smokey

If you are goingg to be installing the SAVII trigger you will need a top release action. If it began life as an accutrigger only the accutrigger parts will fit.
    A hodge podge of pictures but maybe it will help in some ways

ns

This is an accutrigger safety

This shows shows a different thumb switch and is for the older pre accutrigger actions. It is assembled much differently. Typical pre accutrigger parts. The safety is inverted but shows the design well.

It is all I could find but I know with the right search terms on youtube, you could find good frames of the two different components. The SAVII works with both if you have the correct parts.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    If you are goingg to be installing the SAVII trigger you will need a top release action. If it began life as an accutrigger only the accutrigger parts will fit.
    A hodge podge of pictures but maybe it will help in some ways

ns

This is an accutrigger safety

This shows shows a different thumb switch and is for the older pre accutrigger actions. It is assembled much differently. Typical pre accutrigger parts. The safety is inverted but shows the design well.

It is all I could find but I know with the right search terms on youtube, you could find good frames of the two different components. The SAVII works with both if you have the correct parts.
    yea I have everything but the safety si I will need to get a saftey then I can finish my build
    Old Smokey