Thread: Considering Accustock out, Boyd's stock in.

Considering Accustock out, Boyd's stock in.

Hello all you LRH 111 folks. My first post after much time digesting all of the posted wisdom here. Has anybody ever done this? Remove and replace the Accustock on a 300 WinMag 111 LRH hinged floorplate, bottom bolt release for a Boyd's "at one" stock which is only offered for the LA, bottom bolt release, DBM? I am fully prepared to purchase and install the DBM "kit" from Savage to make the receiver/barrel compatible with Boyd's offered product. I have a question going to Savage at the moment, and have not gotten an answer yet about "built as a DBM" model measurements vs "converted to DBM" model measurements. I have this gut feeling that some of you have already "blazed the trail" in this regard. Thanks in advance for your generous advice.

Basic Member
    The inlet for the hinged floor plate is the same as for the DBM.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Thank you, shouldn't be a problem then. BTW, my Accustock is a "non-wedge" stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwbird View Post
    Hello all you LRH 111 folks. My first post after much time digesting all of the posted wisdom here. Has anybody ever done this? Remove and replace the Accustock on a 300 WinMag 111 LRH hinged floorplate, bottom bolt release for a Boyd's "at one" stock which is only offered for the LA, bottom bolt release, DBM? I am fully prepared to purchase and install the DBM "kit" from Savage to make the receiver/barrel compatible with Boyd's offered product. I have a question going to Savage at the moment, and have not gotten an answer yet about "built as a DBM" model measurements vs "converted to DBM" model measurements. I have this gut feeling that some of you have already "blazed the trail" in this regard. Thanks in advance for your generous advice.
    I am pretty sure the "at one" stock is also available for SA as well. Also note, the boyds stock does not come with pillars. You will likely lose accuracy going from your accustock to boyds if you do not bed the boyds.

Basic Member
    I would never replace a Accustock, but you will have no problem do it, have fun !!!!

Basic Member
    I replaced the accustock with the pro varmint stock, for a steeper grip angle. With some other options like rifle basix sav2 trigger - funny gun now...;-)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigeclipse View Post
    I am pretty sure the "at one" stock is also available for SA as well. Also note, the boyds stock does not come with pillars. You will likely lose accuracy going from your accustock to boyds if you do not bed the boyds.
    +1 if you go with the Boyd's pillars and bedding is the only way to go.
    If you keep your accustock then check the torques on your "accustock". I've seen them loose as a goose (ready to fall out). 45 in/b's front & 35 in/lbs rear is where i start. More is usually more consistent and maintains better. Some "tune" with these screws and have good luck, but mine are hunting rifles and I like them to shoot the same every time I take them out.

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter99 View Post
    I would never replace a Accustock, but you will have no problem do it, have fun !!!!
    My 2 Accustock rifles work. 10 PC .223 shoots under 1/2 MOA with 25 grains of Varget under 55 grain Sierra BK's (5 shots). 10 Predator Hunter shoots 1 MOA with factory Nosler Trophy Grade 140 AB's (3 Shots, them suckers are expensive!).