Hi,

I purchased the Savage 10 Stealth Evolution Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor 24 10+1 Magpul PRS. The 10 Stealth Evolution is an incredible shooting rifle ( it will put bullets in the same hole at 100 yards) but there are some issues a buyer should be prepared for that I have not seen in any documentation;

1) I presume the rifle is sight-tested at the factory. It came filthy and needed to be cleaned - no big deal.

2) While sighting in at the range, one of the shooters told me that on a new Savage with the accu-trigger I would need to adjust it because it is shipped with such a light pull it malfunctions and sometimes won't shoot. He was absolutely correct, which meant removing the side rails, front skeleton frame and then the barrel. It wasn't hard to do but it takes a few minutes and I'd recommend some quality T-Handle hex wrenches to avoid stripping the small screws. The trigger adjusts easily with the mini tool provided with the rifle.

3) I installed a Vortex Viper PST 5-25 x 50, 30mm- 1st focal plane Gen II scope and purchased a Vortex extended CM-530-20MOA mount, believing a 20MOA mount may be necessary to sight out to the 1000 Yd range with the scope I purchased. AN ISSUE here is that the arrow on the bottom of the CM-530-20MOA mount must point forward, towards the muzzle to achieve the correct angle. I could not find this information in any forums or from Vortex publications. I ended up calling Vortex and they opened a box to see the arrow and then answered the question. Unfortunately, after mounting everything, the scope would not move backward far enough to provide a correct eye-relief distance, plus it was too high off the rifle to allow for a good cheek weld, even after the Magpul stock was spun up all the way (perhaps my head is just too small). I ended up pulling it off (the scope base, not my head) and installing a Vortex PMR-30-145 1.45" set of rings, which now allows the scope to be moved far enough back for the needed eye-relief.

4) ANOTHER ISSUE was discovered while removing the barrel. The picatinny rail runs the length of the frame but is in two pieces. The rear rail where the scope mounts is already a 20MOA rail and this isn't stated anywhere! You can see it if you pull the rail off the barrel and read the fine print on the bottom, or try to peak under the rail with a magnifying glass (which is what I did). Thus if you're after a 20MOA scope ramp, it's already there, you need only purchase standard rings.

5) The 5th issue, although not big, is that the polymer magazine is not the best quality. It works OK if you only put in 9 cartridges but the tenth bulges out the side too much and you'll need to take it out for the mag to insert easily. I beleive it is a regular 308 magazine so I'd recommend spending the bucks for a couple of quality steel mags.

Hope this is helpful for someone. It would have save me a couple hundred bucks if I could have found the information somewhere during my initial research.

Respectfully,
Sleeves from Virginia