Thread: 320 Youth Pump Shotgun 20 Gauge

320 Youth Pump Shotgun 20 Gauge

A few years ago I bought a Savage Arms Stevens 320 Youth Pump Shotgun 20 Gauge for my son. He has outgrown it and I'm looking around for a way to increase the length of the stock. Searching around on this forum, i found a thread to mentioned that Winchester 1300 stocks are direct bolt on replacements for the 320.

Have any of you that bought a youth shotgun, at a later date extended the length or swapped stocks to grow with the shooter?

Thanks,

Don't own one, but you could always call up Savage. I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you an adult length stock to put on it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Don't own one, but you could always call up Savage. I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you an adult length stock to put on it.
    I've been on their site and have the number. I plan on calling them Monday. Thanks!

I also took off the pad and traced an outline of the stock. I just fitted to my son and looks like I need an extension about 4 inches long. I may make something if I can't find something readily available.

Numerich has the black synthetic stock.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1725480

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Numerich has the black synthetic stock.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1725480
    Yes, but I believe this is a direct replacement stock for the youth shotgun and one that is not longer.

I have a youth stock. I am wanting to extend it's length. Or purchase a stock that is compatible, but longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ramack View Post
    I have a youth stock. I am wanting to extend it's length. Or purchase a stock that is compatible, but longer.
    His second link was pointing out that Numrich's has a separate listing for the Youth stock, so the first link he posted is clearly for the standard (adult) length stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Ok, my mistake.

Ok, my mistake.
    No, I should have been more specific in my second post.
    Just one of those days.

Yup, one of those weekends for me, ha.

I'll call them on Monday to see what the length difference is. My guess is that it won't be as long as what I'm looking for, 4 inches longer is quite an extended length. I'm thinking I'll need to make two 2 inch extensions. I have a 3D printer, but I don't think a printed part will be durable enough, so I'm probably going to need to use a harder wood than pine dimensional lumber.

What about Boyds? They may do a custom length of pull in wood.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

This morning I received an email from Sportsman's Warehouse which triggered something, gosh, I never did go any further with this youth stock replacement. So I was about to call S W to see if they had adult stocks or something that I could extend the LoP.

I decided to call Savage Arms directly to see what they had available. Once I was through the que and the cust. rep started looking, she asked to put me on hold to check their stock of stocks. Probably 5-10 minutes later, she came back on and told me that she found a black stock and then found a muddy girl camo stock in the adult length. Then went on to ask for my name and address and she would send right out today. I replied that before we go any further I wanted to know the cost, etc. She said, "No cost", I'll send it right out. We went back and forth for a few moments to make sure I was hearing and understanding her correctly, and yes I was. No cost. She's sending it out today...no cost!

Awesome!

WOW! That's fantastic. You can't beat that with a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    WOW! That's fantastic. You can't beat that with a stick!
    I know! That IS THE BEST customer service I have EVER received for any product I've purchased! They've definitely retained a customer for sure!

I bought the shotgun online from CheaperThanDirt and stocks they had for the Field 320 were about $90! I had called a couple places about those stocks, but I couldn't get any info if they would fit the youth shotgun. Which is why I called Savage, just mainly to find out if a stock was available that would fit the youth shotgun and extend the LoP. I'm still in disbelief!

Just a quick update. After receiving the full length 320 stock from Savage, it was only 1 inch longer than the youth stock. I was figuring that it would be quite a bit longer by, at least 2 inches or so, but hey no big deal. So after putting on the longer stock and still being too short, I decided to design and make my own on me 3D printer. So I did. I printed out just each end first to check the fit before making it the full length. The material is ABS. Pics attached.

The cross section:

The final print:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This weekend won't work, but planning on next week to take him shooting and try it out.

A few years ago I bought a Savage Arms Stevens 320 Youth Pump Shotgun 20 Gauge for my son. He has outgrown it and I'm looking around for a way to increase the length of the stock. Searching around on this forum, i found a thread to mentioned that Winchester 1300 stocks are direct bolt on replacements for the 320.

Have any of you that bought a youth shotgun, at a later date extended the length or swapped stocks to grow with the shooter?

Thanks,
    Do you still have the youth stock? If you do I’ll gladly buy it from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, I'll have to look for it.

If you don't hear from me in a week, email me ra.mack AT yahoo.com