Thread: Yep another what scope would you buy.....

Yep another what scope would you buy.....

Hey guys been a while since I've posted, but I've been following along from the shadows. Anyways my brother has a budget of $400 for glass for his Browning AB3 .270. I'm not gonna throw any brands out. I want to know what you would buy.
    Requirements: Simplicity (he's new to hunting/ shooting), MOA adjustments, Variable mag anywhere from 2-16 and all of those inbetween.

Realistically I never seen him pulling the trigger on an animal past 300 yards and right now he limits himself to 150 yards.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Id go on Ebay and find a nice clean Leupold VX3, and have a very good scope with a lifetime warranty.

Basic Member
    I second the Leupold. I have several VX-3s. Gunprodeals.com has the best price I can find at the moment. You can buy a 4.5-14X40mm with duplex reticle for under $400. 50mm objective might be a bit more, but not much.

Basic Member
    I just got an AB3 in 7mm Rem Mag and I put an Athalon Midas BTR 2.5-15x50 on it. I got it at cameralandny dot com for $250. It really is a nice scope for that money. Geat warranty, great glass for the price and adequate turrets.

Basic Member
    if he wants a great scope at half price may I suggest Cabelas instinct scope. they are made by meopta and have a lifetime warranty and use Schott glass from Germany. cabelas is clearing them out again my buddy just bought two of the 4.5-14x44 one for his kid and one for him. he is building a savage 6.5 Creedmoor and I told him about them and he ran over to Cabelas to snag a couple. he has been wanting a meopta for years after looking through mine. I have the R1 1-4x22 kdot and the R1 4-16x44 diamond mil-dot and ZD 1-4x22 meotac all on ARs and the glass is amazing even better than my German built Steiner military 1-4x24 if he wants really nice glass and turrets tell him to check them out they are available in 4.5-14x44 and 6.5-20x50 and are on sale for $399.88 and $449.88 anyway here is a link:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/home...4.uts?slotId=0

Id go on Ebay and find a nice clean Leupold VX3, and have a very good scope with a lifetime warranty.
    Me too.

this really doesnt help, but I bought a vortex diamondback 4x16 on black friday for $200 for my 338wm. I am pretty impressed with it.

Basic Member
    Sightron's S-Tac is pretty awesome from what I've seen so far. You can get either a 3-16x42 or 4-20x50 for a shade under $400 from manventureoutpost. I have the 4-20x50 version with MOA reticle and am very impressed.

Thanks for the input guys. I forwarded it all to my brother and we are discussing which route he wants to go.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    I’ll throw a Burris E1 or Fullfield II in the mix. With ballistic reticle. Have several and was always happy with them for hunting purposes

Basic Member
    It's Vortex for me, I have had nothing but good luck with them !!!!

this really doesn't help, but I bought a vortex diamondback 4x16 on black Friday for $200 for my 338wm. I am pretty impressed with it.
    I was also going to mention the Vortex. Their good scopes.

I temporally put one on my 338 Edge just to sight it in. The Vortex is still on the Edge, and is doing great!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I was also going to mention the Vortex. Their good scopes.

I temporally put one on my 338 Edge just to sight it in. The Vortex is still on the Edge, and is doing great!
    We put one on my sons 338 and couldnt even get it sighted in.
    Talk about opposite experiences. lol
    Did they start making the tubes stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by hafejd30 View Post
    I’ll throw a Burris E1 or Fullfield II in the mix. With ballistic reticle. Have several and was always happy with them for hunting purposes
    ^^^^ This^^^ Go with ballistic plex and forget dialing turrets. If you shop around there are usually some stellar deals to be had on Burris. Hard to beat the features, quality and a forever warranty you dont need.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Gr8full Doug @ Cameraland has a big sale in progress with some good deals.
    Might pay to check it out, nobody better to buy from.

Basic Member
    I have Leupold, Redfield, Nikon and Bushnell. They're all good scopes. My last two purchases were Bushnell Elite 3500 (4-12) and 4500 (4-16) and I'm pleased with both and both were reasonably priced as they are a discontinued models. They're still available and still reasonably priced. I might add that prior to those two I've had another Bushnell Elite for 23 years on one of my deer rifles. Good luck to your brother in his search. Hope he has fun.
    Barney

Team Savage
    Go to Natchez and check out the Weavers, just make sure you get Japanese glass. Grand Slam or Classic.

Bill