Thread: It's Home and I Could Use Some Help - 110 Tactical LH

Basic Member

It's Home and I Could Use Some Help - 110 Tactical LH

So I finally got my first centerfire rifle, the 110 Tactical 308WIN LH. I'm topping it of with Warne low rings and an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 MOA scope. Additionally I've bought several boxes of ammo for it: 3 boxes of Federal Power Shok 180gr (2 boxes for initial sight in and break in), box of Federal Power Shok 150gr, box of Hornady American Whitetail 165gr, and a box of Hornady 168gr ELD Match. I tried to get the Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr but couldn't get them from Bass Pro; will try again from somewhere else. And lastly, I put a Harris 6-9" pivoting bipod on it. My questions are:

What is the torque for stock screws and base screws? Also, I put the 2 medium LOP spacers on it and the screws look like they just barely fit. What size screws do I need? I'm guessing #10 x 2-1/4". Longest provided screws are 2". And is there any way you guys could tell if the LOP is ok by simply looking at a picture? I'm going by what seems to feel good plus what the LOP is for a muzzy I already own that I shoot pretty good.

David

Basic Member
    LOP is determined by the arm length. There are some videos in the internet detailing ways to measure your ideal lop HOWEVER, they will differ between shooting off a bench or prone, so you'll have to decide that first. Your scope will probably set farther forward if shooting prone as compared to off a bench.

For action screw torque, http://www.accurateshooter.com/techn...torque-tuning/

You can get the longer screws at any home improvement store.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    LOP is determined by the arm length. There are some videos in the internet detailing ways to measure your ideal lop HOWEVER, they will differ between shooting off a bench or prone, so you'll have to decide that first. Your scope will probably set farther forward if shooting prone as compared to off a bench.

For action screw torque, http://www.accurateshooter.com/techn...torque-tuning/

You can get the longer screws at any home improvement store.
    +1 for hardware store screws. Their screws are much better quality and can be cut to length with a Dremel to fit your particular stock.

He's talking about the screws for the butt pad guys, not action screws. That clarified, the hardware store will still be your best bet, just take one of the factory provided screws with you so you can compare/match thread size.

13-3/4" is the standard LOP for most factory rifles with non-adjustable LOP and is ideal for someone's who is of average height/build. Depending on your height/arm length/neck length you might need to go a little longer or shorter. Basically play with it until you find what's comfortable for you in the position you primarily shoot from.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain