Thread: Axis stock breakage common occurrence?

Axis stock breakage common occurrence?

I’ve read a few incidences of these breaking. But considering how many of these are in circulation, is it really very common?

I have 4 of these now and all of them are great shooters and I’ve shot a lot of game with them. I put a Boyds on the .30-06 so I do have one spare stock on hand.
    Axis .223 with 4x12x40 Redfield Revolution
    Stainless Axis .30-06 with 3.5x10x40 VX3 Leupold.

Basic Member
    I only have one Axis and admit, it is not the most robust stock. But, I cannot see how it would be prone to breaking under normal usage. I would guess and say it could more likely break in very cold temperatures, since plastic does become brittle when cold. I have not noticed very many comments about people breaking their Axis stocks though. I have seen mention of it over the years, but never enough for me to think it was a common occurrence.

Basic Member
    People try to sell the original plastic stocks on Ebay. I can't imagine who would buy one, unless they broke their old one.

Basic Member
    I have not heard of it happening, but, I know of guys who could break just about anything.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I have not heard of it happening, but, I know of guys who could break just about anything.
    Haha, me too. I work with one in particular. Literally breaks off handles on all his car doors. I told him I wouldn't even let him borrow an anvil.

My parents aren't much better. I cannot remember how many times I asked either one, "How'd you do that?"

I have one in 30-06 and it's 5 years old, I've shot it in cold temps before with not a problem, However I've never shot it in temps like this year. Although I have known several people who could break an anvil with the proverbial glass hammer.