Recently bought the Cabelas 12FV in 6.5CM and could use some help on where to take the rifle. So far I’ve only tried 1 type of ammo through it and I’m having some struggles with accuracy. Before I blame the rifle I’m going to try some other ammo and possibly a new scope and bed the action. But, what i could use advice on at the moment is what to do with the stock and what bipod you guys are running successfully (currently have a Caldwell). This will be a do it all whitetail, coyote and range rifle.

Option 1- chassis due to the customization options but at this point I’d be in the rifle for more than buying something like a 10BA that has a factory chassis.
Option 2- cheaper option. I’ve considered Boyd’s stocks for the price but not crazy about having to pillar bed after the fact. Also considered a Choate or similar stock but if I’m not getting a chassis I’d want the cost to stay under $300.
Option 3- leave the factory stock on it and bed the action and put a cheek riser on it. This would be the most economical but I could see myself still wanting to replace the factory stock down the road

Other than that I’d like to get a new bolt handle for it and possibly a new scope in the future. I’d like your guys opinion on these options and if it’s even worth bedding the factory stock and also what others are seeing accuracy wise with factory ammo. Best 5 shot group so far has been about 1.5” at 100 yards, others were uglier (With myself and another shooter behind the gun).
Anyone else have a completed build of a 12? Would love to see the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk