Hey guys,

First post here. I have a Model 110DL. I purchased it in either, 1977 or 1978. I was in High School in Arizona. I bought it with monies saved from helping harvest Watermelons. My father told me if I bought it, he would buy a scope and have it mounted. I did, and he did.

I took it deer hunting and actually managed to kill my first Mule Deer with it. That said, it never really shot as a Savage should. I put it in the back of Dad's gun safe and forgot about it.

Time passes and pop passes. I inherit the guns and safe. I have accumulated many guns since then and in fact have my own Ft. Knox safe.

Recently, I took it our from the back of the safe to put the scope on another rifle I had. I removed it and noticed several brass shims under the mounts, in uneven thicknesses, side to side.

I got to looking closely and could visibly tell the barrel was NOT IN ALIGNMENT WITH THE RECEIVER. Its not much, but enough to see it with your eyes.

I contacted Savage customer service. I got passed back and forth on several phone calls. But was told the company was sold and we can't help you. They were very polite but couldn't do anything. They offered up a gunsmith at my expense.

40 years had passed. A bunch for sure but to contrast, I have a Smith & Wesson (Howa) Model 1500 in .243. It was built in 1977. I was made aware of a bolt problem. They replaced the bolt, no questions asked. S&W has been sold 2, perhaps three times since.

Any other idea's?

Regards,

Outtaline.