I show up to my local long range matches and I'm always the only guy shooting a savage action. I have yet to see any top shooters in PRS using a savage action. I know Savage gained some traction years ago in f class. Not sure about anywhere else. The general consensus seems to be that Savage is junk. There remains a lot of snickering when folks say "I'm looking at getting into long range and was considering a savage." I always dismissed this sort of elitism with a challenge to meet at the range and the response was usually silence.

Today I looked at buying the cabelas 10t-sr in 6.5 creedmoor. It's left handed and would fit my chassis for my other bottom bolt release rifle. Perfect!

Anyway, the reviews on cables website revealed that the Savage Arms I grew up with may not be the same Savage. Rough barrels, poor customer service, stiff bolts/actions, accu trigger malfunctions, ejection malfunctions, feeding issues, chamber problems and the list goes on.

Is Savage's reputation of low quality among some shooters deserved? Has the vista outsoors acquisition been a hostile takeover? Or is all this restricted to the Cabelas model?

Bill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk