Thread: youth axis question

youth axis question

My son has an axis youth 7mm-08. When we went to the range the other day, he had 3 fail to fire. Looked like light strikes on the primer. They were centered well, but just looked like it didn't hit it hard enough. Is there anything I can do about that?

What is the accutrigger adjusted down to? If the trigger is turned down to its lowest pull weight, I've heard often that it creates misfires or Fail to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    What is the accutrigger adjusted down to? If the trigger is turned down to its lowest pull weight, I've heard often that it creates misfires or Fail to fire.
    This axis doesn't have an accutrigger. Just stock, which hasn't been modified yet although I have the MCarbo trigger spring to lighten it up a little. It's at 5.5-6 lbs right now and that kit should lower it to 3.5 or so which should still be plenty weight cuz my accutrigger in my 30-06 is less than 3.5 and I've never had any issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by robwcormack View Post
    This axis doesn't have an accutrigger. Just stock, which hasn't been modified yet although I have the MCarbo trigger spring to lighten it up a little. It's at 5.5-6 lbs right now and that kit should lower it to 3.5 or so which should still be plenty weight cuz my accutrigger in my 30-06 is less than 3.5 and I've never had any issue at all.
    Sorry, was thinking that the Axis now had the accutrigger (Axis II maybe). I have an Axis with the standard trigger also, but I haven't had any issues with that one... Maybe SHARPSHOOTER will see this thread and comment as to what he thinks might be going on... He helped me a ton with troubleshooting my 111 that was doing the same.

Mine turned out to be the rear pillar I installed on my Boyd's Pro Varmint... The trigger Sear was dragging on the pillar just enough to cause the issue.