So I've got this break down 99 with the Schnabel fore piece in breakdown version. Haven't a clue which model, but there's the standard 2 screws at the top of the back strap and no others, other than the safety indicator. I've read about the Stith mounts but they look about as rare as hen's teeth and twice as expensive. It's got the ramped rear sight that sorta looks like moose horns and the front is just a straight post pinned in a slot in the front integral to the barrrel. Near as I can tell it's a nice shooter, but I tried for a head shot on a white tail the other day at maybe 40yd and missed. If I'd aimed for the chest I'd have hit it for sure. Thinking about getting a scope on it but don't want to mess up the rifle. It's serial 2444xx and according to what I find it's a 1922 version, but it looks very good except for a small piece of stock chipped out right behind the rear top strap. Love the look and feel of it and would scope another rifle for deer but don't have anything that I can use here in VA. They don't allow 22's of any cartridge. I hate to buy another rifle just to wipe out some of the herd around here. They're all over the place. Wife considers them vermin.

Also where would I find a nice wood storage/travel box for the thing. I saw some nicely made ones on ebay a few years ago, generic, but looks like it would work, but I don't find them anymore.