Thread: New to the Board & the Axis

New to the Board & the Axis

Hello fellow Savages. I’m new to the board and the Axis, but not new to Savage. I have a 1968 110LH in 30-06 that has proven to be accurate more times than I can remember. It doesn’t get out of the safe much these days. It’s in really good shape for its age, and I’m trying to keep it that way.

I had been eyeing the Axis XP II Predator in Walmart for over a year now. It finally went on sale a couple of weeks ago. When I went to get one, the computer system was down. By the time I went back, all of the 6.5 Creedmoors were gone.

I checked early this morning, and the young lady remembered me. She walked to the gun room to take a look. She was gone for quite a while, and I took that to mean she didn’t find any in stock.

To my surprise, she returned with a box in hand. The sales price was $358. Savage has a $60 rebate, and I had a $150 gift card that was given to me as a loyalty reward. This brings my out of pocket price down to $148 plus tax. I couldn’t refuse it at that price.

I already have a new Leupold to mount on it. I’m just waiting on the rail I ordered to get her in a few days. I took it straight to the local range, and it shoots like I expect a Savage to shoot. I’m as happy as a pig in mudd.

Last edited by BeagleRun; 12-30-2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Congrats man. Great out of pocket price, and a great caliber.

Have fun.