Thread: Timney trigger issues?

Basic Member

Timney trigger issues?

Ok I’m having issues with my timney trigger all of a sudden. Only thing I did was pull the bolt out took action off stock cleaned gun really good just action and barrel just laid bolt off to the side. Put action back in stock torque rear action screw to 45in and from to 60in. Put bolt in and the firing pin goes to fired position as you push the bolt handle down if you pull bolt handle back up half ways down it comes back out of the screw on the back of the bolt. It doesn’t just slam forward at what ever speed you push the bolt handle down. Doesn’t matter how hard or slow I close the bolt same thing. It doesn’t fall from punching the bolt all the into the action just when you close the bolt handle down towards the stock. If I lighten the torque on the rear action screw to like 30 it works fine. But it just has me worried there is something up what should I do? I noticed the trigger pins are working out a little bit like a 1/16” or so. Trigger has been set at the current 2lb setting for almost two years with no issues until now. It’s in a Boyd’s stock which has been the same stock. Any help would great. Thanks.

Clear some material off from around the rear of the trigger pocket in the stock is a start.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    The trigger and sear pin have to go in from the left side. If not, they will slide out because the stock does not captivate them from the opposite side.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."