Thread: Bolt problems

Bolt problems

Hello : have savage axis 308 sometimes when i cycle the bolt for new round it wont fire and can not move safety , cycle bolt with more force seem to work and it hard to move bolt handle up to cycle again. Any ideas maybe spring? not for sure. THANKS!!!

If the new round chambers but will not fire and there is no mark on the primer then you have tripped the accutrigger. This is when the safety blade is not depressed and the sear slips past the trigger step and is caught by the safety blade. Normaly adjust ing the preload on the trigger will fix this.

The other problem sounds like either the headspace is to short or the bullets are seated too long. Do you reload for this rifle?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Yes i do reload i have concider the OAL and Rechecked with OAL gauge is at 2.870 took 20 thou. off. OAL 2.850. I load 168 grain hornady BTHP. 43 GRN. IMR 4064. I cleaned bolt and and checked it out spring was in two pieces as far as I can tell from parts list the spring is one piece.

Did you get the part about why your firing pin falls when you close the bolt?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    Definitely sounds like trigger issues. I fixed one on my brothers mossberg with the accutrigger type trigger in it. And by fixed it I mean replaced with a timney. You can adjust it out by doing what Robin hood has said. Good luck

It don't have accutrigger its stander axis model. Thanks for the suggestions. I bought after market trigger spring 3lb. put in I think I will put the factory spring back in and give it a go...…. Thanks again!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!