Thread: Lady’s Hunter Butt Stock Symetry and Ambidextrousness

Basic Member

Lady’s Hunter Butt Stock Symetry and Ambidextrousness

Is a Lady Hunter butt stock symmetrical left/right sides? Available in right hand only I believe, could the stock be modified to Left hand and fit the same?

My sinister adult daughter would like a left hand set up. Are there other 11/111-friendly sporter lady stocks on the market?

Thanks

Basic Member
    INFERNO

Basic Member
    Yes, there are stocks available for left hand, right bolt actions. If you're interested in a left bolt, lefty stock, there are a few current models available, and a few older models such as the 2008 model 11 BLG that I had in .243 but sold last year.

But you can't make a right hand action into a left hand with a simple bolt head swap.

If you're interested in doing some wood work, Richards Microfit Stocks Inc. http://www.rifle-stocks.com/target_style's.htm will custom cut one for you. You'll have to do a lot of sanding and finish work, not to mention waiting a few months for it to be produced, but the results can be quite rewarding and the fit is as good as you can make it.

I hope this helps.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

You can special order a LH Lady Hunter through Savage. Someone posted this photo of theirs on DNZ Products Facebook page a few years ago. Just call and wait for the option for the special order department or custom shop to come up. You can get it in any currently offered cartridge you want, and choose stainless steel or blued. Effie Sullivan will be more than happy to help you.

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks, Guys. This a great site.

Couple hours ago I dropped a doe with a Model 16 ordered through Effie. In 2018 Sharp Shooter enhanced it. Next week a DR Greenlaw base/rest will arrive. These are all names picked up on this site.

I will look at the stock information. I don’t mind the easy stock finishing work. I go the foolproof method with 10 applications of Lee Valley pure tung oil.