Thread: DuraMaxx stock question

Basic Member

DuraMaxx stock question

Will the duramaxx stocks fit for actions from a Stevens 200 or Savage 110? The reason I ask is when reading the description it says they will not work for the newer center fed actions, only the older non-center feed actions. I am confused. I thought most folks wanting this type of stock were using them for build ups with the current production actions like the Stevens 200 or 110 Savage.
    I am trying to build a 300WM and would like to use a duramaxx stock but have not yet acquired an action. Can't I use any 110 or 200 long action with this stock?

claysshotgunner

Re: DuraMaxx stock question

All LA are the same, whether the new 200 or a 110. The bolt spacing is the same. The SA is the one there is not a Duramaxx for.

Basic Member

You're talking two different things here. There are really 4 action types commonly found:

Short action staggered feed. 4.275" screw spacing (correct this if it's a bit off please), magazine attached to the action.

Long action staggered feed. 5" screw spacing, magazine attached to the action.

Short Action centerfeed. 4.4" screw spacing, magazine is mounted in the stock.

Long action centerfeed. 5" screw spacing, magazine is mounted in the stock.

The Duramaxx's are set up for the staggeredfeed actions only. Guys have made them to fit centerfeed actions though. Seems to be some effort, but not super strenuous.

current production rifles use centerfeed actions.
    Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Team Savage

Add to..

The long action hole spacing is the same, but I just tried a stagger feed action on a center feed stock and although the holes
    are the correct distance apart, the recoil lug area was different (I think). Didnt spend a lot of time fiddling with it once I figured out it was not a direct fit.

To convert a SF LA to a CF LA I think you could just bed the recoil lug area and that would fix that, then build up the front of the magazine area. SSS mentioned a popsicle stick for a short action but I have never tried it. You would need to Mill out the recess in the rear of the action area and that is easy if you have a drill press, XY vise and a mill bit.

I thought that B+C was gearing up to make centerfeed duramax stocks, but maybe they decided not to
    produce them right now.

Now I dont feel so bad about modifying my SF SA Duramax to centerfeed.
    Just moved the hole. Its a shame they dont build a centerfeed stock, because its a great stock.
    I would guess eventually they will tool up for it.

metal2meat

I don't want to hijack a post but i could use a little help in this department as well. Maybe my question will shed some light on this for other members. I'm looking at a Duramax srock that is on a 110 action (I'm guessing stagger feed, after reading here thats all they're made for). I was hoping to use this stock on a Model 112 BVSS centerfeed, 6.5x284 I recently acquired. I also have a model 12 short action, stagger feed .243win. Should I be able to look into both of these with the actions out and figure out if I can modify the duramax for the 112 long action? The long action is currently in the BVSS laminate stock.

You could use it with a single shot follower epoxied to your action as if you were shooting a target action. Bullet OAL would not be an issue in a single shot bench gun.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67