Thread: Original/Longer Axis Stock ?

Original/Longer Axis Stock ?

Any ideas on how to get one of the original, longer Savage Axis stocks? The length of pull (LOP) on them was about 14". Not sure if Savage would have any - could call them but not on the weekend or holiday. And my guess is that they won't have any around anymore (since it's been a while since the switch to the shorter LOP.)

I have a brand new Axis/stock, still with the stickers on it; the length of pull with these newer, shorter stocks is about 13.5" Would trade, straight up, my shorter stock for one of the original/longer plastic stocks or possibly for a wood Axis stock (which I could lengthen easy enough.)

Maybe someone would want the shorter version for a son/daughter/wife or something like that.

Please feel free to text my work cell phone at 952-454-2134

Any ideas / info appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Any ideas on how to get one of the original, longer Savage Axis stocks? The length of pull (LOP) on them was about 14". Not sure if Savage would have any - could call them but not on the weekend or holiday. And my guess is that they won't have any around anymore (since it's been a while since the switch to the shorter LOP.)

I have a brand new Axis/stock, still with the stickers on it; the length of pull with these newer, shorter stocks is about 13.5" Would trade, straight up, my shorter stock for one of the original/longer plastic stocks or possibly for a wood Axis stock (which I could lengthen easy enough.)

Maybe someone would want the shorter version for a son/daughter/wife or something like that.

Please feel free to text my work cell phone at 952-454-2134

Any ideas / info appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Steve

I might be willing to trade. I have a long one I took off my .30-06 I’m keeping around for a spare but prefer the shorter LOP. I’m in MN so the shipping may not be worth the trouble.
    Axis .223 with 4x12x40 Redfield Revolution
    Stainless Axis .30-06 with 3.5x10x40 VX3 Leupold.

I don't know what your budget is but Boyd's makes a good stock for the money and they have an option for a longer length of pull. I own 2 of their stocks, one on a Axis and another on a MKII, both thumb hole and very pleased with them. Best of luck on whatever you decide on.
    Rusty Shackelford