Hey guys,

I had a 10 BA Stealth in 6.5 Creed but I sold it a couple months ago because I hardly ever shot it. I didn’t like the stock/cheek riser and wasn’t crazy about the look of the chassis either. I don’t mind detachable magazine setups, but I did come to dislike being limited to AICS-pattern mags because I think they’re overpriced. Nonetheless I immediately came to regret selling it, and I’m thinking about buying or building another Savage to replace it. I’m very interested in the 6mm Creed caliber, and the 110 Desert Tactical seems like a very high-value deal for someone that’s still learning about shooting and reloading precision rifles.

I have an old blind mag Tupperware edition 110 in 30-06 that I picked up a while back for a project that didn’t materialize. I also have a McGowen 6 BR barrel kicking around that’s got about 80 rounds through it. I was thinking I might be able to rechamber it to 6 Creed. The only problem is that it’s a large shank, so I’d probably have to get it reworked completely if I wanted to use it with that standard action.

Do you guys think it would be worth it to try to build using the parts I have on hand, or should I post that rifle and the 6 BR barrel up for sale and just buy the Desert Tactical? Also, if I were to buy a Desert Tactical, is there a way to convert it to a magazine that is not AICS pattern? Ideally I’d like to use AR308 or M1A mags, but I figure I’d have to build off an MVP action for that. Even a blind mag would work for me if it can be fitted to the Deset Tactical’s accustock. I just get ticked off when I see the prices of AICS mags, and don’t like that I can’t reload without removing the mag.

Thanks!

Steve