Thread: Left Handed 110C stock

Red face Left Handed 110C stock

Afternoon to all whom should read this.

This is I guess a 2 for 1 post, Introduction (yes I know there is a place for that) and question for the masses.

First, Hello! I am a resident of PA and current active military, I've been shooting since I was 10 and love a little recoil therapy. Recently I invested in a custom Savage 10-FCP SR in 6.5 Creedmore(Creedmoor lol) that I love.

Second, question time....be nice.

I found an old left handed 110c stock in great condition at a gun show for 25$ I couldn't pass it up as other south paws know, you hardly ever see blank stocks in LH at gun shows. After I measure the spacing of the holes, what should I be looking for a good receiver set. Is it going to be a challenge finding something modern that will fit nicely? Other than savage actions, what should I consider? Maybe I'm just not looking in the correct places, but I haven't been able to find a stand alone savage action....especially in LH

Thanks for whatever help you can send my way.

Welcome to my "Southpaw" pain... I've never tried to figure out your situation working from the stock, and then trying to source the rest. You probably won't find any Lefty Savage actions out there. I looked for 2 years, but wound up just buying a brand new 111 Trophy hunter package, and then tore it apart for the action.... Sold off the scope and rings for $90.00...

I believe Tikka makes a lefty action, but I have no idea if you can do anything to them like you can the Savage line. For me, the 111 action was the most universal for doing a build on.

Good luck,

Welcome.
    I've always just bought left handed rifles, preferably the older flatbacks, when I see them and haven't tried to source just an action either.
    I myself prefer synthetic for it's durability and weather resistance and have converted several factory takeoff synthetics from right to left handed rather than looking for the harder to find left hand version.
    Good luck and I'm sure it can be done, but its most likely gonna take a good bit of research and time.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Not 100% sure on this, but read recently that the long action stocks have had the same bolt spacing for a number of years. I just recently bought a 111 xp and will soon buy a Boyd's stock to put it in. Looking around their site nothing is said or brought up about bolt spacing. I looked at quite a few of the long action options. I am going to use CDI bottom metal and I think that you have numerous options available to you to complete a build. None should be too challenging.

Thanks for the feedback, Ill post updates as the build continues.

Basic Member
    For all you lefties, I have a LH Savage takeoff stock currently listed in the Classifieds. 4.4” short action, blind mag, sporter channel. Would be a great start to your next project rifle!