Thread: Just picked up a Model: 10 GXP3 any Pros/Cons

redraven72

Just picked up a Model: 10 GXP3 any Pros/Cons

I just picked up a Model: 10 GXP3 in .308 for $350. A Great looking gun, it comes with accu-trigger and scope. Shoots straight and has no problems. Does anyone out there have anything good or bad to say about this model?

Thanks

AVanGorder

Re: Just picked up a Model: 10 GXP3 any Pros/Cons

Good gun and you got a good deal on it.

great gun. Only real downfalls are the cheap optics, but they'll do till you put on better ones.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

redraven72

Thanks that is what I was hoping to hear from you guys. And I'm not to worried about the optics I will be changing it out soon.

DGD6MM

If the rifle is new you got a good deal. If used, not bad. Scrap the scope when you can replace it with better optics. Your .308 will shoot just about any store bought ammo you want to feed thru it.

redraven72

It was used however it is the used I like to find. About 10 rounds through it and cleaned and sat in a gun safe. That is about as new as I get. And yes I will scrap the optics and start fresh. Any good suggestions?

Harriershot

Busnell Elite 4200 or 6500 series or even better Zeiss Conquest. I like to buy scope with an adjustable objective. That way you can remove parallax at any distance.

Charlie

DGD6MM

How much do you want to spend? What is it going to be used for? There's many affordable good quality scopes on the market.

Eric in NC

Be sure to change the rings too - they are even worse than the scope.

redraven72

I am going to mainly use it for hunting. So I would want something that could extend out to about 6-700 yds and have very good low light capabilities. The waterproof, shockproof, fogproof, and oversized turrets for adjustments. And as far as price goes I would be good up to $1000. I know its alot of $ for this model gun however if I can't see it I can't shoot it.

Elkbane

I bought the zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 with the z800 reticle. Check Cameraland, a site advertiser , for a decent price. So far, it's everything I hoped it would be. Nice and clear with a well-thought out reticle. And if you know the ballistics for the load you intend to shoot, you can go on theuir web site and use their reticle optimizer - it will tell you the power setting that matches the reticle to the way your load shoots. Yes, you can get one for a good bit under $1000..........

Elkbane

borg

Ditch the rings. You don't need a new scope, but the rings tend to be very bad. I've had two of these guns. One was new and I didn't leave the rings or optics on long enough to have a problem. The other was used and I got it pretty cheap. The rings were lined with grip tape and the screws nearly stripped. I'm guessing the previous owner was having a little trouble with it. I kept the scope, changed the rings, and printed MOA groups with Hornady Match ammunition. I bought a new scope just because of peer pressure, and now it is going to my brother for his kids.

redraven72

Well the rings will be first to be changed just for the simple fact of funds. And then in the near future the new scope. I'm not sure if this scope is the original if so it looks really cheap.

borg

Quote Originally Posted by redraven72
    Well the rings will be first to be changed just for the simple fact of funds. And then in the near future the new scope. I'm not sure if this scope is the original if so it looks really cheap.
    The truth about scopes is that if they work it doesn't matter how much you paid.