Thread: Model 110

Basic Member

Model 110

Picked up a model 110 from local gun shop this morning. Serial number shows manufactured in 2007, has blind mag in plastic stock and accutrigger in 270 cal, have not taken it apart yet. Anyone have any idea what model it might be gave, $280 for it.

I think you did good.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...-Print-Catalog

Click on the PDF download and search for the gun that matches yours.

Maybe an 111F or if it came with a scope package a 111FXP3
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Thanks Robinhood, I think you are right on - it looks like the 111FXP3 to me. Had a Simmons scope on it but didn't want the scope. Going to use this as a swap barrel setup with 25-06,270 and 30-06 barrels, got everything I need but going to take apart and paint the stock and add a little weight before the shooting starts. Looking forward to this project as I have been doing the Axis setup, have 2 and will use them for short action calibers.

It take a bit of work but the "Tupperware" stock forearm can be stiffened with aluminum rod and Devon steel putty. I'd also recommend glassing the action while your at it then give it a coat of paint.

Basic Member
    I have a Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 that I did the rocktite treatment to and it seems to be ok. Added a little weight but as I stand hunt its not too heavy to carry to and from stands, wouldn’t want to go to the mountains and carry it all day. The 111 will also be a hunting rig and maybe a little target shooting so will probably do the same to it. it’s on the right, Axis 308 on left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Went out in the shop and broke down the 111, it is a center feed so am glad of that. Didn't have any trouble breaking barrel nut loose, clamped in barrel vise using toilet paper roll as cushion and tighten down with cheater. Found a little rust on the barrel threads and receiver but cleaned up pretty easy, barrel nut and lug look pretty good. Nut threads on the 25-06 very smooth so all looks good for that part of build. Stock has a few scratches so next step is clean up, roctite and paint when weather permits. Still have to decide pattern and colors I want to use. Will post picture when I get it done and back together.

Cant wait to see it!

Basic Member
    Put the 25-06 barrel and receiver together, headspace was easy to set. Got it right on first try using go/no go gauges, didn't turn at all as I tightened the barrel nut. Checked again after removing from barrel vise and it was still set right, don't have 25-06 ammo to see if it cycles ok but sure it will. Now working on stock, will take several days as I put light coats and let them cure before next coat, final step is 4 or 5 coats of clear so that is a week for the clear coat process. Pictures when finished.

Basic Member
    Can’t wait to see. Getting ready to do a build on a 111 action as well and stock selection is pretty crappy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk