Thread: Savage 11 Short Action Replacement Stock

Savage 11 Short Action Replacement Stock

Hi folks, I am looking for a replacement for my tupperware stock on my 6.5 Creedmoor Trophy XP Hunter. I know that Boyd's and Hogue make replacement stocks, along with the hardware from Savage. What other stocks are available?

what are you going to use the rifle for? Are you primarily hunting or are you going to be bench or prone shooting it? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    what are you going to use the rifle for? Are you primarily hunting or are you going to be bench or prone shooting it? or both?
    Primarily hunting. I have another rifle for bench shooting.

Sounds like Boyds is going to be your best bet for both $$$ and for functionality. Most of their laminate stocks run about 2.8-3 lbs of added weight though. For a hunting rifle, that one is going to be carrying or tree standing, I am going to say "stay with the Tupperware stock".

I have the 111 Trophy Hunter XP package chambered in 30-06.... It still shoots 1 MOA out to 200 yards which is about as far as we usually take shots in my country. Unless you plan or stretching it out to 400 yards or more, you may want to just stay with your current setup? Maybe put some better glass on it than the Weaver 3-9 or the Nikon 3-9 that comes with the package.

Just my .02,

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF Ret View Post
    Hi folks, I am looking for a replacement for my tupperware stock on my 6.5 Creedmoor Trophy XP Hunter. I know that Boyd's and Hogue make replacement stocks, along with the hardware from Savage. What other stocks are available?
    I bet McMillan and manners will make you a stock but they are crazy expensive...like 600-1000$ dollars. If you can do pillar/bedding yourself OR you know someone who can, id go the boyds route. They are great for what they are and are cheap so even if they get a bit banged up it's not a big deal. My wife is going on 4 years with hers and while it does have some dings/dents/scratches...from a few feet away it still looks great and almost new. She is a trooper and goes through some thick stuff...she is certainly not gentle with her rifles.

Personally I am eyeballing the new Boyds at one stocks. I really like the adjustability for 2 reasons. My wife and I could share rifles pretty easy (might have to resight it in), but up north where I am...hunting season means cold weather and thick layers which can drastically impact length of pull. If I want to shoot that same rifle in the summer, I need to put something between me and the butt stock to have similar length of pull.

Basic Member
    Here's where I bought a nice original looking dark laminate stock for my model 11 308: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#...011%20gunstock

Also: https://www.stockysstocks.com/stocks...-vanguard.html
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Hogue with full bedding block.

Thanks for all of the inputs.

Think I am going with this one...

https://www.hogueinc.com/savage-10-1...-ghillie-green

Did you end up getting the Hogue stock? If so do you like it?

Basic Member
    Quick search led me here I also would like to know if OP ended up with the hogue stock and his impression?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Team Savage

OP hasn't logged in since 12/13/18 so not likely he'll reply.